Saturday, November 10, 2012

My first attempt at Mod Podge. :)

      So one night I was bored and I really wanted to Mod Podge something, and I was looking at my laptop and it had scratches and dents on it so I decided that it would be a very good contender. So I glittered it up! Here is how I did it :)


So what you need is:
  • A Laptop
  • Mod Podge
  • Sponge brushes
  • 3 dixie cups
  • Masking tape ( if you want to do the stripe effect)
  • Glitter of your choice in color




What I did first was clean my laptop very well. Then I mixed the Mod Podge with the glitter in the dixie cups, I put quite a bit of glitter in there just to make it at a good consistency.  





This is after I already started my second stripe.
Then if you are doing the stripes like I am doing then you will need to get your masking tape out. Figure out how thick you would like the stripes I did mine pretty large. Measure them out and make sure they are even. Keep following the process until you have done all the stripes. You might need to keep going back over each stripe to make sure every space is filled with glitter. 



This was what it looked like after I did every stripe before I did touch ups. I had to do many layers of the lighter color because it was a little bit different then the darker pink. So It does take a while but it's totally worth it. 




After you have gotten it to 
the right look then you need to seal it with the Mod Podge. (I used the Gloss-Lustre mod podge)  So pour some into a dixie cup and use a sponge brush and just keep layering it on top of the stripes. It goes on white but dries clear. Here is what it looks like: -------->

Once you let it dry you get a beautiful piece of glitter art! I am in love with my laptop even more! Plus it was a ton of fun doing it. Here is the final work :) 



Have fun and use any color or design you would like! :) 


Love, Shalena


No comments:

Post a Comment